Sunday , 19 August 2018
Home » Muslims terror » Younes Abouyaaquob the suspected of driving a van into crowds in Barcelona, has been shot dead
Younes Abouyaaqoub, a 22-year-old Moroccan national who became Europe's most wanted man after ploughing a van into pedestrian's on Barcelona's Las Ramblas leaving 13 dead, has been shot and kille by police

Younes Abouyaaquob the suspected of driving a van into crowds in Barcelona, has been shot dead

Vineyard owner in town of Subirats, named as Citizen X, alerted police to man driving at speed across his land . Armed police cornered and shot Abouyaaquob who was wearing what turned out to be a fake suicide vest. Abouyaaquob’s death brings to an end the worst terror attack in Spain for 13 years as police confirmed suspected mastermind Abdelbaki Es Satty was killed in an explosion in Alcanar last week  

Via:  Chris Pleasance     

A vineyard owner has been praised by Spanish police after he ended the manhunt for Europe’s most wanted man who crushed 13 people to death with a van in Barcelona.

The man, named only as Citizen X, led police to Younes Abouyaaquob in the town of Subirats on Monday evening after he spotted the fugitive terrorist driving across his land at high speed.

The man placed a call to police and within moments armed officers had swarmed the area, eventually cornering the 22-year-old Moroccan suspect along the edge of a field.

It was on this spot where Abouyaaquob was cut down in a hail of bullets as he yelled Allahu Akbar with what police believed to be a suicide vest strapped to his chest, though it later turned out to be a fake.

His dramatic death brought to an end the largest terror attack on Spanish soil in 13 years, after 11 men named as his co-conspirators were earlier killed or captured.

Younes Abouyaaqoub, a 22-year-old Moroccan national who became Europe’s most wanted man after ploughing a van into pedestrian’s on Barcelona’s Las Ramblas leaving 13 dead, has been shot and kille by police

 

A spokesman for Spain’s anti-terror police tweeted on Monday night: ‘Our gratitude to Citizen X for his decisive collaboration in the operation in Subirats. You are an important piece to fight terrorism.’

Abouyaacoub had been on the run since last Thursday when he escaped the scene of the Barcelona atrocity on foot before hi-jacking a car, stabbing its driver to death and ramming into a police blockade.

Somehow he escaped the blockade and went into hiding before today being spotted by the vineyard owner.

The owner’s daughter told of how her father alerted police after they saw a car crossing their property at high speed even though the vineyard was closed off.

Roser Venura says police told them to immediately leave the Ventura Soler cava vineyard, located between the towns of Sadurni d’Anoia and Subirats. She says ‘we heard a helicopter flying around and many police cars coming toward the gas station’ near the property.

Elsewhere on Monday police confirmed that Abdelbaki Es Satty, the radical imam who masterminded the plot, was killed in an explosion at a suspected bomb-making factory in Alcanar before the Barcelona attack.

It was thought that an accomplice of Abouyaaquob could still have been on the run in Subirats after helping him to hide, but police now say he was acting alone.

That means that all men named as suspects in the attack are now accounted for, though police say they will not be closing their investigation yet.

 

Please help our independent journalism by spreading this article!  Share!

Follow  SaveMySweden           

Read more:

Pine Gap’s role in US Warfighting